Barlow Water Improvement District is hiring a Part Time Office Manager
The hours of this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to Noon.
This position reports to the Board of Directors of the Barlow Water Improvement District with primary direction from the Chairman of the Board. In his or her absence, this position will report to the Vice Chairman, Treasurer or other assigned Board member, in that order.
Primary Job Duties:
- Fulfill all activities of the office to support BWID, including, but not limited to:
- Communication with members (customers)
- Post meter readings to customer accounts and generate relevant reports
- Prepare monthly billing
- Post payments and adjustments to customer accounts
- Prepare deposits daily
- Reconcile bank statements with receipts
- Work with bookkeeper and Treasurer on BWID accounts, billings, invoices, bank statements, budgets, etc.
- Collection letters and calls to past due customers
- Ensure all incoming bills are paid in a timely manner
- Assist Treasurer as needed to provide information to create annual budget
- aintain accurate account information and master customer list
- Maintain an electronic and paper file of relevant documents
- Maintain employee files
- Answer and return phone calls regarding all aspects of BWID business
- Track home sales data, work with escrow companies and realtors to maintain current ownership records
- File liens as needed
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations, including USDA
- Maintain charts for KWH, gallons pumped and P&L and send to board members monthly
- Prepare and send Consumer Confidence Reports annually as required by law
- Prepare and send election ballots annually
- Hold monthly safety meetingsN
- Work with Insurance Agent
- Notarize documents as necessary
- Update all BWID documents and manuals as needed or requested by the Board
- Process payroll
- Make Occasional Trips to The Dalles
- Order office supplies
- Prepare work orders for Water Operator to complete
- Create agenda, financial statement, system report and other pertinent documents for the monthly board meeting. Take minutes, type them and distribute to the board.
- Ensure tax return (990) is completed annually by outside tax preparer
- Respond to emergency situations
- Fulfill other duties requested by the board
Minimum Job Requirements:
Be able to communicate with customers, board members, vendors and government agencies in a positive and professional manner. Demonstrate good verbal and written communications and follow up with customers to ensure that issues are addressed/completed in an efficient and effective manner.
Work independently toward goals in an organized and efficient manner.
Must have knowledge and experience in using Word, Excel and a variety of other software applications
Ability to multi-task and be flexible with daily changes in work assignments. Must be highly motivated to go above and beyond assigned activities.
Salary range for this position is $15.00 to $22.00 per hour, depending on experience.